- Glen Lakes
- Seven Hills
- Southern Hills
- Timber Pines
- Hernando Oaks
- Pristine Place
- Villages of Avalon
- Waters of Weeki Wachee
- Woodland Waters
- Lake in the Woods
- Berkeley Manor
- Deerfield Estates
- East Linden
- Forest Oaks
- Oaks (The)
- Oakwood Acres
- Orchard Park
- Plantation Est
- Preston Hollow
- Primrose Lane
- Quail Meadows
- Regency Oaks
- Sand Ridge
- Silver Ridge
- Spring Ridge
- Springwood Est
- Sterling Hill
- Dogwood Est
- Seville Golf
- Sherman Hills
- Trails at Rivard
- Whispering Oaks
- Hernando Beach
- Pine Island
- Gulf Coast Ret
- High Point
10 Tips to Get Top Dollar for Your Home & Sell Quickly
Contact Preferred Property Associates and put our Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Staging Experience to work for you. Call today for Your personal consultation.
If you are planning to put your house on the market, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible and for top dollar. Set the stage for success with these 10 tips for styling and upgrading your home that will ensure you get your asking price.
1. Boost curb appeal. This is something you always hear you never get a second chance at a first impression… Many people thinking of touring your home will do a quick drive-by first, often deciding on the spot if it is even worth a look inside. Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips: Walk to the end of your driveway and take a photo view, now zoom in.
- Clean and/or paint the front door and replace door handles
- Power wash siding and walkways
- Hang easy-to-read house numbers
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Mow lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
- Wash front windows
- Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed
2. Get your house sparkling clean. From shining floors and gleaming windows to clean counters and scrubbed grout, every surface should sparkle. This is the easiest (well, maybe not easiest, but certainly the cheapest) way to help your home put its best foot forward. You may want to hire pros to do some of the really tough stuff, especially if you have a large house. Don't skimp -- this step is key!
3. Clear away all clutter. If you are serious about staging your home, all clutter must go, end of story. It's not easy, and it may even require utilizing offsite storage (or a nice relative's garage) temporarily, but it is well worth the trouble. Clean and clear surfaces, floors, cupboards and closets equal more space in the eyes of potential buyers, so purge anything unnecessary or unsightly.
But it's my style! Guess what? It may not be the style of those seeking to buy a house in your neighborhood. So even if you have an awesome vintage-chic look going on, rein it in for the sake of appealing to the most number of people. You can bring your personal style back into play in your new home.
4. Strike a balance between clean and lived-in. Yes, I know I just said to get rid of all your clutter (and you deserve a big pat on the back if you did it), but now it's time to judiciously bring back a few elements that will really make your home appealing. Think vases of cut flowers, a basket of fresh farmer's market produce on the kitchen counter or a bowl of lemons beside the sink (fake is okay).
5. Rearrange your furniture. In the living room, symmetrical arrangements usually work well. Pull your furniture off the walls and use pairs (of sofas, chairs, lamps) to create an inviting conversation area.
6. Choose sophisticated neutral colors. Now is not the time to experiment with that "fun"-looking lime green now is the time to get rid of any bold colors. But that doesn't mean you need to go all white, either. Rich midtone neutrals like mocha and greige (grey/beige) create a sophisticated backdrop that makes everything look more pulled together.
7. Create a gender-neutral master bedroom. Appeal to everyone with a clean, tailored master bedroom, free of personal items and clutter. You can't go wrong with clean, crisp linens, tasteful artwork and a blanket folded at the foot of the bed. You want to appeal to the masses so pack up your photos and buy a neutral bedspread.
8. Clean up toys. Of course there will be families with children looking at your home, but just because they have kids too doesn't mean seeing toys strewn everywhere will sell them on the place. When people are house hunting, they are imagining a fresh start. Show them that in this house, it is possible to have a beautifully organized kids' room, and they might be swayed.
9. Beware of pet odors. Really, this can be a big one! If you have pets, get all rugs steam cleaned and be extra vigilant about vacuuming and washing surfaces. Also be sure to keep any extra-loved pet toys and doggie bones hidden plus food and water bowls hidden when tours are scheduled.
10. Stage the outdoors too. Even if your condo has only a teensy postage stamp–size balcony, play it up with a cute cafe table and chairs, a cheerful tablecloth and even a little tray of dishes or a vase of flowers. When people look at this scene, they won't be thinking "small," they will be thinking, "What a charming spot to have breakfast!"
It does not have to cost a lot to put your best foot forward but it does require some efforts. Call Preferred Property Associates at 352-688-1303 to schedule an appointment so we can make recommendations that will put extra Money in your pocket at closing.